Question

Alligator4361

I paid off my house and car and was shocked to see my credit score drop. How can I fix this?
I know I am not alone in this issue. I want to know how to fix it. Is it disputable? A professional opinion would be appreciated.

No it is not disputable. It is a typical occurance. With a little bit of reading on the subject you will quickly find that closing accounts will decrease your credit scores. The remedy for this is to open up a couple of accounts to replace them and keep them active. Unfortunately when you open up a new account to replace an old one, you will get score decreases again for hard inquiries and lowering your average age of accounts. But time will remedy that. So basically, open a new account or two and wait for quite a while and your scores will come back. I totally agree that this doesn't seem fair, but it is what it is and that is how it works.