Question

nathanmelvin

I paid off my car and my credit score dropped from 702 to 689. 700 is good. What happened?
My wife & I have another car we will pay off in the next few months. We are new college graduates who are trying to pay off all debt (home loan, student loans, cars) in the next few years to begin planning for our future. We keep credit cards around 20-30% & pay off each month.

The same thing happened to me.  When I paid my car off my score dropped 27 points.  It's because you now have less credit available.