Question

Posted in Taxes

1970trojan

I owe the irs about $16000 from 2009. At 68, would they subordinate a tax lien on a home purchase?
I live on $17000/year S.S. In my rural area I ma.y qualify for a low interest home loan thru USDA. If they would not lien the property or would subordinate their lien to a new first morgage. Anyone have this experience?

If you owe taxes, your best choice is to contact the IRS to work something out.  They may have some sort of forgiveness program based on your income. And they are not the ogres most people think they are because I recently had a friend contact them and a frightening situation was easily and painlessly resolved.Forget buying a house because you cannot afford it.  In fact, at your income level, it would be smarter to get into HUD subsidized housing or senior housing that is based on income.  You likely also qualify for food stamps and many other benefits, which you deserve.  Check with Senior Services to see what you can get.  .