I opened an account with GE Capital. It lowered my score 17 pts. How can I recover those points?
I opened a GE Capital acct. to pay for dental work. I could have paid it all up front, but thought paying over time would raise my FICO score. It lowered it by 17 points! The credit limit on the account is the same amount as the amount borrowed. I didn't know it at the time I opened the account.
If I had known it was going to be like this, I would have put it on my credit card and taken the points, and then paid it off all in one lump sum.
How can I recover those FICO points? Would this be considered a "dirty trick" on GE's part?