Question

revdeb7

I need to pay a collections debt. How do I contact the collections agency?
MID CNT CRSV
Current Balance: $263
Original Balance: $263
Account Condition: N/A
Reported as: MID CNT CRSV
Original Creditor: 11 COX COMMUNICATIONS COL
Date Opened: 6/26/2012

Pay Creditor vs Collections

I you still have the contact info and payment mailing address for the original creditor, then pay it to the original creditor and NOT the collection agency. The reason is that not only are you going to be liable for the principle and any interest accrued before the charge off, but the collection agency (if you pay thru them) will take the total ORIGINAL principle and accrued interest then tack on a whole new absurdly high APR plus fees.

I was wondering how I can get a hold of a collection person to help me with my pAymnets every month

GardenRae

Deal with the original creditor NOT the collection agency...Collection agencies are sharks, they are NOT your friend and they are NOT interested in helping you no matter how they try to convince you otherwise. Collection agencies function simply to make money (alot of it) of debts people already owe by taking the ORIGINAL principal and accrued interest total then adding on their own absurdly high APR plus a bunch of unnecessary overpriced fees. So do yourself a favor and work directly with the original creditor(s) only!