Question

travelrich

I have no debt and over 2 million in assets...how can I improve my score?
I am 74 yrs old...I have had credit since the age of 19 and NEVER missed a payment.
My liquid assets without real estate are over 2 million dollars.... I have virtually NO DEBT with the exception of a car lease of only 368 dollars per month. My house I paid cash for.
My two credit cards balances are always paid to zero balance early.
Why is my credit score not higher than 267?

You are winning the game!

Your score is low because you are barely using credit.  As I'm sure you know that is a good thing!!  I am not quite in the same position as you but close with my house paid for and no car payments.  Here's an idea for you that I do in order to keep my score high:  Go to your bank (I use Citibank) and get one of their "rewards card".  Use it for as much of your monthly spending as is convenient: groceries, gas, dinners out, even pay your lease payment with it.  Then at the end of the month simply pay off the balance to avoid interest.  This will give you two terrific benefits:  First your credit score will begin to climb as you use the card.  It won't skyrocket up as the length of time you have had the account makes a big difference.  The second benefit you will get is the accumulation of rewards on your card.  My Wife and I accumulate around $1,000 each year which we use to pay a big chunk of our Christmas shopping!  Hint, if you get gift cards instead of cash you get more money for the dollar.  If you take cash you only get a percentage of a dollar as a reward.  

Good luck and happy shopping!