Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

carl7946

I have had auto insurance since 1996 why is my score so low

Most Helpful Response

legal items

i had a legal item show up jan 2015 it was from 2005  it was paid 2 weeks after judgement why did it take 10 years to show on my report and how do i remove it

Hi carl7946, the auto insurance risk score is calculated using only your credit report data. Whether or not you have auto insurance, or have made a claim are not factors in this risk score. 

trinkagirl

Enter Your Reply my insurance raised my rates based on my credit score and said I fell in a group of people that file a a lot of claims. I have I only filed one claim since 2008 they also said because I have a car repair credit card which they  also said people that have theses kind of credit cards file a lot of claims. I only use it for tires and oil changes.. And that I had too many car loans. This is ridiculous because I lease vechiles every 2 to 3 years. The based this on some company that does insurance analysis based on credit scores