Question

Lanijayne86

I have an old bank account in collections for $153. How do Iget it removed from my credit report?
I have an old bank account in collections for $153 (thanks to my ex husband). We had a joint account, and he racked up about $6,000 worth of charges. Although I never once used the account, because my name was on it? I was still held liable for the charges as well. Lesson learned!! Anyway, I can easily pay the amount. Should I call the collection agency to see if I can get it marked as paid or removed? Or how should I negotiate getting it removed from my credit report? It's about 2 years old, and I am in the process of trying to get ready to buy my first home on my own. The last thing I want is that on my report raining on my parade. Is there anything I can do? Or am I stuck for the next 5 years until it's gone??

*by the way

If it helps paint a picture, my current score is under 600 even though I have 4 revolving cards that I am paying off each month in full. I also do have a car loan. Any advice or suggestions?? I know average is 620 to be approved for a home loan, so I am working towards it slowly but surely! Thanks again!