Question

Fyanakos

I have an invalid collections that was successfully disputed, how will this affect my score?
I had a dispute with a collection company trying to charge me $300+ and had never contacted me regarding this in multiple months that I had this collection. I had contacted the issuing company who directed it to collections and they stated that I had paid the balance in full over 2 years ago. The collection charge was dropped successfully as it was verified as being paid in full. Will the damage done to my credit score be retracted because it wasn't my fault or do I have to build it back up again?