Question

redram03

I have an account showing that says in collections and it isnt, what do I need to do about that?
I have an account that went into collections almost a year ago and since then has been paid in full and removed from the original institutions records. The collection agency reported it still in collections and It isn't. I want to know what i can do to have this removed?

They can still report the account (although closed & paid) as a collection account for 7 & 1/2 years from date it was paid off.  If it is showing as open, or with a balance due, then dispute it with the creditor and credit bureaus.