Question

DomMar

I have an account in collections but it isn't showing as a derogatory mark.
I had a credit card that was charged off about 7 years ago. It was sold to a collection agency and has since been sold at least 2 more times. When I pulled up the account on credit karma it shows a closed account with a balance but nothing is showing under derogatory marks. It was showing my credit score at between 720 and 740. I was expecting my score to be lower because of the charged off credit card. Can anyone explain this to me.

Thank you

Not all agencies report to all bureaus. CK only checks in with TransUnion and Equifax... maybe the agencies only report to Experian (and the marks are sitting there)? 

I've seen similar inconsistencies between TU and Equifax myself, but that's why big credit transactions (e.g. mortgages) pull reports from all three bureaus.