Question

HurricaneIkeVictim

I had a charge off in 2010, It was refered to a collections . When can I have this removed
I had an account. In 2009 the credit card was charged off, refered to an agency. It has been shrough several agencies since then. When can I expect this to come off my Credit. It has been 7 years.

You've just provided two different dates of the charge off. 2009 and 2010, which one was it?

The seven years starts at the DOFD (date of first delinquency). To figure this date, figure one month after you made the last payment on the account before it went to charge off status.

Either way, you should be very close. Do some reading on "early exclusion". Most likely you could contact the credit bureaus now and ask them to remove it and they may. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with contact info.

how do I find out when the last payment was made?  The current collection agency said account was opened in 2015,but i knew it was charged off way before that.  I was on dialysis when I had that balance, and could no longer pay any thing.  Ido know when I get letters from the collection agency telling me that they can no longer sue because the debt is too old,but they will keep reportng it to the credit bureau.  Actually the C/O was probably in early 2009 because It was right after Hurricane Ike(Sept 2008_

If you are unsure of the last payment made, you need to contact the credit bureaus and ask when the account is to be removed from your reports. As I already said, read about "early exclusion" before contacting the credit bureaus and ask for it to be removed even if it is slightly prior to the seven year mark. The date that the collection account was opened is not relevant to the fall off date, it has nothing to do with the fall off date. The time that they can sue you is the "statute of limitations" this is DIFFERENT from the credit reporting time period. Either way, it sounds to me that you should be able to get this account either removed now or very soon. Read about "early exclusion" and contact the credit bureaus.