Question

ZY444

I don't make enough to pay my debts. What can I do?
I'm on SSD and have a limited income with no chance of increasing my income. I'm about $10,000 in debt and I can't pay the monthly payments. They're all going into collections and I don't know what to do. Should I do bankruptcy again? What can I do?

Unless some of the debts are things like taxes, your SSD most likely cannot be garnished.  What you need to do is get real with your spending and keep it in line with your income.  Check into assistance programs such as rental assistance through the local housing authority (I believe it's under Title 8), l,ow income energy assistance and such.  The Senior and Disabled Services office can guide you to programs that will help make life more comfortable on a small income.

Bankruptcy is the worst way to handle this situation, as any competent bankruptcy attorney would tell you.