Question

mama9804

I am on permanent disability and want to fix my credit.
I get my social security check once a month, so how do I fix my credit on a fixed income and try to buy a house, car and provide for my 2 daughters. I need advice and help. PLEASE!!!

Most Helpful Response

the good news is you don't need a high limt like $3,000 to have good credit the keys are paying on time and keeping your utilization to under 20% so lets say for example you have a $500 CL....(my first credit limit through Capital One when I applied with no credit history) you will only want to put $100 on the card every month and PAY IT OFF IN FULL EACH MONTH so you don't get charged interest....So the key things are to pay on time and keep the utilization low and to pay in full every month here is a link through CK https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/credit-card/single/id/CCCapitalOne1016  If you can wait 6 months till after you apply for the card to apply for mortgage because you will get better rates and have a small file to show best of luck