Question

Jarrod91

i am in debt from an ex girlfriend
She stole my bank account number and identity

Most Helpful Response

You and me both...

You're facing an uphill battle, but it can be fixed.

My ex-wife opened three cards in my name (not our names) while I was serving my country overseas.  She max'd them out for me.  Then she got a tummy-tuck on a "care-credit" account...she again opened in my name and left that for me too when she filed for divorce a few months later all while I was overseas.  In all, she ran up $70, 000 in debt.  Some of which was still coming back to haunt me 2 years later on my credit report.  She's a real peach. 

The good news is you can fight it.  Contact the banks and credit card companies.  File a report with the police.  And buckle down for what is an arduous journey to clear your name.  I just recently got the care-credit account overturned after that bank did an inquiry on the initiation of the account and agreed that I was in fact out of the country when it was opened. 

You're not alone.