Question

knamaste

How/Why did my score drop to ZERO?!
I was working on building my credit and had gotten it up to the higher 500's. I had one thing in collections that i just recently paid off and expected my score to go up a bit. I log into my account and both scores now tell me "N/A" and I have ZERO credit! I have had some late fees for my insurance bill but I didn't think this could take me all the way back down to zero!! Help!

Something isn't adding up here. First, late fees on your insurance bill is not going to affect your credit. It is not on your reports right? That means it does not affect your credit. Was the collection account removed that you paid? I am wondering if this is the only account or was the only "open" account on your reports. I am thinking that you may not have any other accounts open in good standing or have accounts that are only a couple of months old. Go back to the drawing board and read more on what it takes to build and maintain good credit and don't put much faith into the Vantage scores that you get here. Once you have some six months to a year of credit history with open accounts in good standing, check to see if you have FICO scores and put your time toward improving them.