How will removing a settlement from my credit report affect my credit score?
I'm trying to build my credit and the only negative thing I have on my credit is from a credit card that I got when I was 18. It ended up going into collections and I settled on the debt thinking that would make it all go away. I realize that I need to try to get the settlement completely removed from my report which I'm sure I will end up having to pay to do so. Does anyone know how much my score will increase if I get this removed from my report?