How will only paying down my only card affect my credit score?
I have a credit card that is about 2 years old. This is my first and only card at the moment. I had good enough credit at the beginning to be able to have a pretty high limit on my card. However, as a result of bills and spending my balance was high and my credit score dropped significantly.

I started freaking out and these past few months I have completely stopped using the card and have been paying it down on time every month. I usually pay twice what I am required to and my interest isn't too high either. However, I wonder how this is affecting my score. Since I am not using it, is my card technically inactive? My balance is still over what is suggested but does it look good if it goes down every month with virtually no spending whatsoever, or is this negative?

Do you all have any advice? I really want to improve my score to what is was before this fiasco. Since this was my first card, Ive made some mistakes but, I'm trying to learn from them!

Thank you!

Doing good!

Actually, paying down the card is a great idea!! You're saving on interest and lowering your usage rate which, ideally, should be 9% or lower.  It would be great to get the card balance to where you can pay it in full every month.  That is the perfect way to use a card!! Just DO NOT CLOSE the card!! That will hurt you, big time. Your score will be improving with the payments.  Don't let the card go inactive, either, though that should not happen in just a few months.  One suggestion is to take a predictable bill (maybe cell phone or TV?) that you are currently writing a check for every month and have it charged to the credit card.  Then pay that in addition to what you are paying on the credit card pay-down.  You'll keep the card active and still accomplish paying it down.  You're learning, you're determined to not repeat mistakes so you should be fine. 

Great advice!

JWSister gave you some excellent advice.  If she hadn't already done so, I would the same things she advised you to do.  Just keep doing it like you're doing.  Amen to that!