Question

rwoods2010

How to remove Judgement from Credit Report
A few years ago I made the mistake of getting a Capital One credit card. I didn't pay for it. They ended up taking me to court saying that I owe something like $648. At court, I explained to the guy that I was currently only making about $120 a month. He said that I needed to agree to pay so much per month anyway. I did but couldn't afford to pay it, as I had told him. They tried to garnish what little money I had and it worked until my employer's lawyer looked into it and said legally they couldn't do that and my debt would be settled. The judgment is still on my report and is keeping me from getting a home loan. What do I need to do to fix this?

Judgements usually disappear 10 years after filing unless the judgement is not satisfied (paid).  Then the one who filed the court documents has the option to renew the due date of the judgement.  Since your financial situation has improved, I suggest getting this debt settled before even trying for a house.  After all, you did make an agreement[ and it is an obligation you should keep.

If it's a $648 judgement, just pay it. And not to be mean but if you can't afford to pay $650 you probably can't afford to buy a house right now. 

Ask them if they will vacate the judgment if you pay it in full. It will then be removed from your reports