Question

2028247

How to remove duplicate collections for the same account?
I have at least three collections marks on my cr for the same account. Can I get at least two of them taken off, or is this ok?

I Wish I Knew

I have had two collection agencies try to collect on a single debt. They both "claim" to have rights to that debt. I set up an automatic two-time debit to my checking account, because they cut the amount. Then the next day a different agency calls and says they own the debt. I quickly put a stop-payment on my checking and call the original creditor and they said they sold it to the second agency. I call both agencies and they both say I owe them. I went ballistic on the first one and told both that I couldn't figure out who I owed, because they both said I owed "them".  That is freaking crazy. So, I am seeking legal counsel.

sharonsue38

i have 2 credit collection agency collecting for the same bill ATT 72.00