Question

BoatMan50

How to remove a "Paid in Settlement" account from Credit Report
I currently have one negative account on my Experian Credit Report and it is a "Paid in Settlement" Status and is scheduled to continue on record until July 2015. My question is does it make any sense to write a letter to the Creditor asking for early removal from my credit reports? Will they even consider it? Or should I just wait the 6 months and check again in August 2015 to verify it has been removed? If there is no way that a creditor will remove this early I figure why waste the time, but if there is a possibility it would be worth going through the process.
Is there any good letter samples or templates for this purpose?

Thanks,
Jerry

you can wirte a "Good will" letter

and request that they remove it.  But the reality is that they have little incentive to do so.  It will cost them money to do so and since you don't owe anything there's nothing to be made off of the action. 

Truth is, that if it is that old and you have been working to clean up any other negitive items on your report, then it is probably having just a little effect on your overall report because of its age.  Most lenders are the most critical of the last 2-5 years of your report.  Its probably worth writing a letter, but I wouldn't put a lot of energy into it. If nothing happens just let it age out.