Question

w00ki33

How to positively raise new-er credit
Under 30 over 21 something, just started my credit off two years ago with a car trade in on luxury lease. Original lease loan was over $40k, traded it in last year to buy my current car. Current positive "loan debt" is $25k for over 4 yrs.

My credit being still new, is around 620. I don't own a credit card, I have no other outstanding debt other than my car which I have paid off monthly 100% without any late fees. Other than a few hospital bills paid in full at time of due, I have nothing outstanding on my name.

I've tried to get approved for a credit card to help my credit keep getting better but I'm constantly denied. What's a good way to get credit without getting in debt? I'd like to eventually buy a house and receive a good loan, but I won't do that until I receive good credit.

I'm just stumped on how to improve my credit to be accepted (when every card denies me) and my sister who has worse credit keeps getting accepted.

Couple of things

Capital One and Merrick Bank routinely give credit to those with lower scores.  I know, I have both.  Low limits and high interest rates...but consider them a gateway to better scores...and quickly.  Adding a Credit Card for someone in your position will likely add 20-30 points over a couple of months.  Also use the card...but pay it off every month...but make sure you always keep the balance below 50% of limit...going over 50% of available credit is viewed as a not good thing usually.