How to not take my Credit Score seriously. I HATE FICO!
This FICO score has now created a major wedge between myself and the rest of my family. I'm getting a secured credit card soon not because I want to build my credit score, but because I have no choice. I was actually very close to getting to an " undeterminable" or "zero" credit score, until I learned my car got totaled. Looking for a car and paying for it all off in cash was the plan. I've never had a credit card and I'm completely embarrassed to know that I'll be having one soon. I plan to use this card almost never, then to soon cut it up and cancel it when I have all of my finances in order. In the mean time, can I spend very little like $10 or less on the credit card, pay it off immediately each month and can that help my "I love Debt" score?

Looks like a Dave Ramsey Follower. 

Dave teaches everyone that you don't need FICO you don't need to Have a "I Love Debt Score"  pay cash and live will be so much better. 

What works for Dave does not mean it will work for everyone. 

Did not hear of Dave Ramsey until just over 5 years ago and I only follow some of his lessons learned.   Yes Cash is king and I use Cash as much as I can.   Also have Credit Cards that Carry no balance on any of them.   have a HELOC that I don't use  as it all adds up and give me a NICE FAT and HAPPY Credit Score. 

I use it to my advantage to get what I can.  

Credit Cards are a LINE OF CREDIT,  does not mean you have to use them.

Debt does suck that is for sure,  but people bring it on themself. Been there done that. 

Getting a secured credit card and using it wisely and making timely payments,monthly can impact your credit score in a positive manner.   Pay in full when the bill comes as long as you are using less than 10-20 percent of the credit line.  

I USED to believe in a cash only basis until after taking the time to read the very valuable articles here to learn how credit really works. I have a degree in business and learned more here than in the college classes. Having credit actually saves money.  I'm now on a fixed income and living better (not deep in debt) than when I was working.  Read,learn and become credit smart, or not.  Your choice..  .