Question

mzmg11

How to increase credit score
I am trying to improve my credit score. I have paid some card off, and I am working on others. As a graduate student I have outstanding student loans, that I will begin to pay as soon as I graduate this summer. Are these loan affecting my score, and how can I improve?

THINK CREDIT REPAIR THINK RADICAL!!!

The best way smartest and fastest way to improve your score is through the expertise of Data scientist and Revo Hacker called ROYALBLADE. With a lot of credit repair companies you don't save any reasonable amount of time raising your score, after paying so much. That's because they are bound by the law " TO NOT HELP YOU ". You can't blame them though, they didn't design a bloodscucking credit system. Well, help yourself. If you want to qualify to buy a home quick. Get tips from Royalblade to grow  it yourself if you can't pay for his credit boost plan. Pay conscous effort to help yourself as ignoring your credit score won't help at all. Emmail royalblade@protonmailcom, you can tell him Juan referred you. He got me up to 822 so this is like a vote of thanks too.

javier3030

I will definitely check this out. My credit is beyond terrible and i think i will need a miracle, so yes, i will contact and thank you !

javier3030

I have to thank you very much @juan99. You’ve helped my life in a way I wouldn’t forget in a hurry. This information you provided on here is gold. I just checked my credit now and it as erupted into an excellent 782 from 552. I’m glad to have worked with this Royalblade dude who is an incredible  savant. ****! How I wish I have known this dude sooner. Thanks again, I’m in awe for real. 

DrMichelle2000

Thank you very much for this information. I got mine fixed by  ROYALBLADE  too. I have been in contact with him for a week now and I am absolutely amazed at the level of progress. I’m gaining over 15pts a day. My score is currently at 649 and rising .

Vanessasloan

I never knew anyone had a credit repair method so fast and efficient. Royalblade did it for me and I’m very very grateful. This man is a savior, he gave me hope just when I have been so frustrated about my terrible credit. I hit 728 today for the first time in my whole life. Anyone in urgent need of a fix should look no further. Here’s your guy. Thanks again for sharing this very helpful info.  

CheerBettyon

Me and my colleagues used this dude to repair our credit last year. My friend who is a hacker freak found him somewhere on the internet and wouldn’t stop talking about his awesomeness until we tried him. This dude fixed our credits within a month and had our lives looking better. He’s expensive but I tell you, he gets the job done like no other. His word is bond too, very rare quality in this age.  Kudos! 

omega305

Thank you for sharing this precious information. Royalblade is God sent. He saved me just when I was about to lose it all. He repaired my credit and now I got a good deal on a new home for my family. This dude is the best at what he does, kudos!

LostMoney82019

Absolutely the most recommendable credit fixer on here. i did a painful research to arrive at this conclusion, thank you.

Your student loans, paid off on the repayment schedule determined by the creditor(s), will be an asset to your credit score (assuming you pay them off in that manner).

Someone said earlier that paying only 95% of any bill is to a debtor's advantage.  I don't understand that logic.  Credit bureaus are only looking for two things upon which to base a credit score - consistency of on-time payments & overall credit utilization.  Leaving a little bit of your credit balance on cards or loans only leaves you open to interest charges and, to my knowledge, provides no benefit to debtors.  And credit bureaus are unconcerned with how much interest you pay to creditors.  Also, Credit Karma recommends that people have two different types of credit - cards & installment loans.  FWIW, my Discover IT card site recommends the same thing.  So, I'll break down my strategy on both.

I already have 8 credit cards.  And, my overall utilization rate hovers between 1% & 2%.  I use these cards once or twice a month to buy things I'd normally buy (groceries, gas, etc.) with my debit card.  Once each card reaches a balance due of roughly $50, I stop using the card entirely until the statement date.  When I receive a statement on any card, I pay my balance due in full and immediately (not waiting for a "due" date).  Once that's done, the card will not show a balance due until the next statement date.  Then, the very next day following payment, I make one or more other charges to each card - again, for things I'd normally buy with a debit card - and only up to roughly $50.  This keeps each card "active" 100% of the time.  And "active" card activity is reported to the credit bureaus monthly in all but a handful of cases.

Positive activity reported consistently month after month after month means your score has nowhere to go but up.

Anyway, the Credit Karma site (and my Discover IT site) drop gentle hints that credit cards aren't enough - that having an installment loan as well as credit cards shows credit bureaus that you're capable of handling "different" types of credit well simultaneously.  So, since I have a digital camera, I opened an account with Fingerhut and ordered a tripod.  My monthly payments are $13.99.  Of course, Fingerhut's life-blood is interest income.  And at the $13.99 rate, I'd end up paying for the tripod ($169.99) for close to 2 years counting the interest they'd tack on along the way.  Fortunately, there's no stigma on overpaying a creditor (grin).  So, my first payment to Fingerhut will be $14.25.  When I see the statement afterward, I'll divide the balance due into 11 months and pay that amount.  In the next billable month, I'll divide the balance due into 10 months and pay that amount.  Etc. etc. etc.  In short, I'm going to pay off the tripod in 12 months - saving myself substantial interest in the process.

You might consider this strategy on repaying your student loan(s).  If you can pay more each month toward them, you'll save interest and pay them off sooner.

For me, for the next year, I'll be showing credit bureaus that I can handle my 8 cards properly - while also showing them I can simultaneously handle an installment loan properly.  By June 1st of next year (or earlier), I anticipate my credit score will be in the high 700s or low 800s.

Iisshe33

Mr. Barnhardt,

Thank you for all your information. I am hoping you could help me. I am needing a clear direction as to how to fix my credit. What actions affect the credit score first? I have the worst score and with recent SSDI I feel dispair and am ashamed. Could it be possible to fix it at being on disability and 44yrs old? This has truely followed me for many years. Thank you for your previous contributions.

mognes

Very helpful advice, thanks a ton for this information. 

chrisaquinn

When you talk about installments would something like my car insurance help my credit?

Papi5280

good advice.

Enoe

This is very helpful. Thanks you for the direction.

phamdee1

Get your credit cleaned with the help of a reliable personnel Fico and Ex Transunion agent! He's tested and trusted. I had a very low credit score (around 520) and it was ruining my life. I needed help. I was very depressed because of it and had been trying to repair it but It just seems nothing was capable of getting my score raised quickly. I needed something done fast. I had read a lot of good things about this hacker online which gave me a go ahead to try him out. I almost gave up my search for a real agent because I kept meeting fake people who are not capable enough and who are always after the money, I've been conned by them. this programmer is not about the money but about attaining a good reputation at always satisfying his customers. My credit score is now 780, 790 and 820 on all big 3 bureaus and it was 100% confirmed by FICO. This is my way of showing appreciation for a job well done on my credit report. Reach out to him for help at  besthacker0509 @ g m a i l . c o m  He's affordable and always at your service.  

To increase your credit score, you should always never have more than 49% of debt on any credit card.  Those are the ones that count the most towards your credit score.  Any installment loans do not make much of a difference in making your score go up because it's a set amount that will not go up or down like a credit card.  Also, the length of the life of a credit card makes a BIG difference in having a good credit score.  if you have a credit card that's not being use but is still open does NOT help your score.  There is no 'positive reports' made on that card because it's not being used.  If you use it and only put a dollar on a credit card every month and you pay it off, your score will increase.  Paying every month on time on all your debt is also the best way to increase your score.  Also, even if your debt to balance ratio is very low, but your credit cards are new does not help your score go up either.

love14mr38

This is a lie from them credit bureau. No matter if you have bills or not. This does not improved your credit score or acceptance in purchasing anmything.  Because you can come with one or two bills where hey are paid off,. the score will be low. I know because my credit report has two bills and they do not increased my score.

poplarlake

Your over all balance on your credit cards should be around 7 % and no more then 10% combined. Make sure no single credit card is over 49%. Also , never ever close a older cc account as this will only hirt your length of average credit which also effects your score.

jacsprat48

what do you do when a credit card is paid off and i have no interest in using it ? but i want my credit score to rise 

latric08

You should never have more thatn 79% as that is an indicator that you are maxing out your credit. That is a big red flag and your scores will decrease significantly.

pimpcBUMB

always never? dont take advice from her, she barely speaks english.

vnvmcfish

Having a credit card that you're not using does help your credit score, as open accounts and debt ratio will change if that account was closed. keeping it open will help your score. 

ColonelBlue

49% -  sorry but this is absolutely horrible advice. You need to maintain less than 9%. There is an old saying that banks loan money to people that don't need it. The reason is because the banks know the recipient won't rush out to use it. The real goal is to look at your credit card statement or call your credit card company and ask for the closing date. Let's say they tell you it's the 4th/5th of the month as it does vary because of holidays and weekends. Then this means that whatever you charge on the card must be paid (before) the 4th/5th. That way, when the 4th/5th rolls around next month - you have a 0% utilization. You want the number low - not 49% !!!  There is some advice that also tells you to only open accounts if you need them. Well define "need". If you only have 3 accounts reporting to the bureau's and the formula calls for a minimum of 11 accounts for you to be in the good category - then guess what - you need to open more accounts. Also, your length of accounts is important but people will tell you to open them over time so your score doesn't drop. Well lets say you have a 20 year average history and on the 21st year you open 3 new accounts, you average has now dropped to 5 years. Why wouldn't you open all 4 accounts in the same year and have a 20 year history?? Some of this is common sense. You need 21 accounts to be in the excellent category so the real goal is to have that many accounts for the longest period possible and maintain no debt. So, open as many as you can as quickly as you can and don't charge unless you have the cash to pay for it. Not that hard.

phamdee1

I'm very interested. Honestly, the credit system is frustrating.

phamdee1

Raise your credit rating by

I raised my credit rating from 708 to 783 in fourteen months by paying as much as I could to the most expensive (highest interest) card; then,  I soon received offers to transfer balances to the card I paid off with an interest rate of one-fourth the amount I had been paying to the other card company.  Doing this freed up a great deal of money to put toward balace pay down.  In checking credit karmas credit simulator, I found that when I pay as I have been, my credit will jump to 797 in less tahn three months.  I got myself into this trouble, but I am proud to having taken the steps that increase my credit and my appreciation for changing the way I purchase things.

Dispute Negative Items From Reports

Go to all of your credit bureaus or get your annual credit report, get your report number at the top of your credit reports and start disputing. Call the 800 number they give to you when you receive your 3 credit reports. Dispute at least 4 negative items because you might get 1 out of 4. Most companies do not abide by the rules the credit report agencies set and that is why these items maybe deleted. This will help your credit score and report look good to creditors. Also when you get your credit reports make sure your addresses and phone numbers are accurate. You may also delete inquiries too but you can focus on that later own.

phamdee1

IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE

30% = increase in credit score

I have been focusing on my credit in detail for a year now.  My score is not where I want it but thats because I recently took out a car loan and received a new credit card. -------> 20 point nose dive for taking out those credit lines.  However its time to refocus and move on.  So I have been spending no more than 30% on my credit card each month.  I pay the bill in full as soon as its due.  How I ensure I have the money when the credit card bill is due is by everytime I use my credit card I deduct it from my checking registry as if it was a debit.  Then when the bill comes I simply pay online with my debit which pulls from my checking.  *Works*

phamdee1

IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE

raising the score

I have been successfull raising my score by paying my student loans on time, I also sent in small contributions each month while I was in school. $ 20 each pay check, paying here and there before the loan is due and the interest catches up helps immensely. Also, when the loans become due paying on time will boost your score by showing good payment history.

Best way to raise your score sensibly is to get a credit card, run your bills through that card and then pay it off. You want to use the card, but this way you are using it for things you should already have money for. Win-Win.

Paying down your debt in collections is the key, negotiate with collectors BEFORE it goes to collections and come to a reasonable payment planl, I've paid 10 a month just to stay out of the red. Or snowball your payments by focusing on one collector at a time, depending on the debt. I have one creditior to go, feels great. Credit score up 90 points in one year. Unless you have the cash to pay off your debt NOW, I dont see how you can raise a score 100 points in 6 months. Best of Luck. 

expmed

Enter Your Replyi have  raised my credit score 65 points in 3 months. had decent credit unil illiniois screwed things up

phamdee1

IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE

Get your score up!

Try to pay more than what is owed on everything. On loans where the payment is a set amount, pay a little more. My car note was $200, so I paid $250.  This not only helped me pay it off faster, but shows I pay more than what is asked. On credit cards, I always pay more than the min.  I also try to make a few payments a month, not just one, even if one is much lower.  When I had many accounts open,  I found it to help me to pay off the smaller balances first. It motivated,me to get others paid off. I then used those payments towards the larger ones. I know they say to pay higher interest first, but my way worked better for me.  My score is 773, hoping to get it too 800 by the end of the year. You should use credit cards that you haven't used once very few months, no huge purchases, to keep them active. Don't close accounts! It will only hurt you.

phamdee1

IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE

My credit score was 583; I got a Capitol One credit card with a $300 limit, and it immediately increased to 589. I use it every month, always less than 30%, and pay it off before the due date, and my score won't budge. My goal is 620 ASAP so that I can purchase a home. What else can I do? I have some old credit cards that have been charged-off; I was unable to pay them because of a business failure and my husband's extended unemployment. This was about 5 years ago. I'm so frustrated right now, because my desire to own a home is overwhelming. I have no other debt, and my payment record for the past 3-4 years is perfect. 

Kikibloom

Maybe you should look into paying off some of those charge off's? I know you have two years left before they fall off, but if you pay some of them off and remove them sooner, rather than waiting, this might help. I know it worked for me, I paid some and let some fall off while continuing to make my Captial one card payments ontime as well as my car note. Try it and see if it helps. good luck!

kimlovesfl

The cards are past the statute of limitations on collections in the state of Florida, so they can sit there. Actually, I've seen a 24 point increase in less than a month, so I guess the Capitol One card is really helping. 

kaser1

Open and active credit helps.  You need more than just 1 credit card to excellerate the rebuild.  I advise my clients to have at least 3-5 revolving credit card accounts, and 1 installment loan if possible.

Jocelynn55

I have opened up a Capital One secured card, a Fingerhut account, and a secured personal loan since May 2012. I already have an auto loan that was opened last year. My payments are 100% on time. My score jumped 30 pts, then dropped 25 pts after all these creditors started reporting to the CRAs. Can I assume that after 6 months or so, that my credit score will start to increase again, as long as my payments are on time? My goal is to apply for a house in 2 years, when most of my collection accounts will have dropped off and my inquiries are gone.

amy7337

That's strange because I was in a similar situation and got a credit card with a $300 limit, charged $75 on it and my credit score went up 68 points overnight! 

himbaer2

Another good way to increase your credit when you are just starting out is to ask  for an increase. That way you show that you can be trusted with large balances and it helps staying within the 30% credit utilization. When I first started I had a credit card for only $300 and after on year got it increased to $1000, then I asked for an increase every 6 month 2 more times. When you begin to start credit I wouldn't worry too much about the amount of credit inquiries. After two years those don't show anymore.

Changingthings41

Good for you.  My score was at a 567 back in June

when I first started to rebuild my credit. I started making settlement payoff to two of my creditors and then my score went to 588. When I signed up with Credit Karma last month I saw my score being at a 597. Now since I have paid down more debt on my credit card balance inwhich it is now @ a 27% utilization. I just got a update on Tues. Aug. 5th and now my score is a 620 and my credit card utilization hasn't update yet. I look to see it go up even more by next month.

iluvduelo

I started off exactly the same as you. Same Score and same credit card but dont just stop there. After a few months, I applied for the quicksilver card and got approved fr $700 CL, few months later my CLI to $4000!! Then I got the chase freedom card with $700 CL and $600 CL with Fingerhut. Now I just got a Best Buy Card with $2000 CL!! The more the limit the faster your score goes up.. But be careful, make sure and check the recommendations CK gives you as to whether or not you have good approval odds... dont based your decisions solely on that though..... 

phamdee1

IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE