Question

Rebuilding2017

How to improve credit score to good standing in 6 months?
I have student loans, car loan (12 months left) and two collection accounts, my credit is 6 years old. The collection accounts are 4 years old and I am waiting it out. I haven't had a credit card since the collection accounts but I have been paying my other loans on time. My credit scores has gone from 612 to 663 in the last two years when I bought a car, but it hasn't been going up that much in the last 9 month. My questions are:

1. I'm trying to push it to 680 in the next 6-9 months, and I heard something about paying double payments on the car loan would help to increase the score faster? (My car loan has 12 months left, would it help if I pay off in 6 months?)
2. I want to apply for a credit card to rebuild credits but I am afraid that the debt collectors will come after me or does it matter?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Paying double on your car loan will not have an affect on your score, it will simply lower your balance and have no impact on your utilization, which is based on revolving credit lines (credit cards, etc...)

You can either apply for a loan or get a secured card. Secured card might be a better option for you with the outstanding collections you have. The secured card would have positive impact over time.

The biggest impact on you right now are the lingering collections. They will drop off so you do have the option as your are probably doing of just waiting them out.

I do not see a way for a quick increase.  You need to get a CC or two to push up near the 700's for the vantage scoring system.  But getting these will hurt, in the short term maybe a year, because of hard inquiries and average age of credit dropping.

Since you refuse to pay the money you owe to the collections (this is most likely the best way to increase your score), and double payments does nothing to help your score, althought it might increas your score a touch for utilazation.  Since you have no credit cards to reduce utilazation on.

You have been on this site for more than two years, which is more than enough time for you to have read the articles and utilized the tools on this site so you could learn about credit. It is not going to enter your brain by osmosis.  I suggest you make the time to read and learn.