Question

CreditRebuilder30

How to get student loan delinquencies removed from credit report
I have delinquencies on my credit report from Federal Student loans. I did a forbearance and it took care of my past due payments. When I called my Federal Lender in regards to getting the delinquencies removed. I was told they could not do so. I find this strange that you will update my payment history but will not report the updating to the credit agencies. I had a delinquency with a private loan and when I became current with them. The removed the delinquency from my credit history. So why can't or won't federal loans do the same? If there is a process to get it done. Please tell me. Thanks

Sorry, but those delinquencies are a part of your credit history.  When you are making regular, on-time payments consistently, that will take the 'sting' out of those reported delinquencies.  That the delinquencies of the private loan were removed was the option of the lender.