Question

Patrick227

How to find missing hospital bill accounts with debt collectors?
I had a hospital bill from a debt collector a few months ago to a year ago that said I owed a little over $1000. I lost the letter and have since moved. I am not sure if I owe any other than that. I signed up on Credit Karma and it does not show anything for my credit. This would make sense except for the hospital bills. I want to know if there is anyway to find the accounts and how to find what companies hold your debt account. I need to clear my debts very soon. The bills I have owed are at least not all from before 7 years ago. So the accounts wouldn't have been dropped would they?

Pull your credit reports directly from all three credit bureaus (Transunion, Equifax and Experian) or through the free annual credit report website. Once you view all three of your credit reports then take it from there. If the accounts are on there it should show who currently owns them and then you can find the contact info for the company. If they are not there, you could contact the original service provider and ask them who you need to pay. Beyond that, I guess you could do nothing and hope that no collection accounts pop up for the debt.

Patrick227

Thank you very much!  When you say the free annual credit report website, which website are you referring to?