Question

capisces7

how to best tackle my CONSOLIDATION Student Loan Debt
I own a $16, 767.00 FFEL/Consolidation Student Loan via ACS/Wells Fargo than I can no further consolidate. This loan was opened October 12, 2007 and carries a 7.625% fixed interest rate. I am on a Graduated Repayment Plan. Every 2 years my payment increases. I have zero missed payments.

The entire amount of my payment is currently being applied to the interest and zero amount to the principal. I don't know what to do. I have an excellent credit score/rating of 779. Should I transfer this balance to a credit card or apply for a personal loan? Or
how can I find a lender; that will take over my student loan and offers me a better plan, so that the majority of my payment is applied to the principal? How can I best handle this predicament?

I really appreciate any advice you can offer me.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Jaime

I'm not sure if you would do any better with a credit card or another lender, but I think you should be able to switch your plan from the Graduated Payment Plan to the Standard Plan, which would give you a fixed rate that would not increase every two years.  Since you'l already consolidated, probably can't do anything about your interest rate.  But if you'd like to see about the Standard Plan, call my friends at Crest - 469-619-0644 and they can tell you in 10 minutes or so if they can help.  No cost to find out.  Hope this helps!