Question

Posted in Taxes

georgems02

how many point does removing tax lien add to credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Biggest Dings to your credit.

Its hard to say, but any government lien on your will report is a big deal. I have heard that a lein will knock 50 to 200 points off your CS, depending on the size of the lein.  If you can pay it off do so, that will help significantly. If you have worked out a payment plan stick to it and get if paid off.

Some creditors will not even consider a new line of credit if you have any kind of lein on your report.

Good Luck!

Crossing my Fingers

I just jumped thru all the IRS hoops of fire

Got my Tax Lien Release letter

Submitted letter to all 3 CRB - Credit Reporting Bureaus

Waiting to see what my score will go up to

Right now - it 685 with the IRS Fed Tax Lien on my CR

IF I get 200 points - that will be super tits!!

I hope to get at least 100 - that will put my Credit Score at  785

Looking to getting my life back

Question - What do you call the Legal Mafia that is dead set against regular hard working American citizens?

dannyh01

Did your credit score go up when the tax lien was released?  I am in the same situation.  I have a released tax lien but filed for the fresh start program.  

Tax lien

Hi did anyone get a tax lien remove from your credit report. Please let me know how many points did it go up. I just pay off mind two weeks ago
Thanks in advance

BACKAGAIN19

Enter Your Reply Depending on the state, it could take 30 - 45 days after the lien(s) are paid off. This is the time it takes for the state reporting to the credit bureau and it being relected on your credit score. That was what the state agent told me. I paid mine off in NY State and I am now waiting for it to be reflected on my credit scores as well. Hope this helps!

I know this is an old post but I find myself in the same situation. What credit agencies should I send my tax form 668 z to?