Question

Posted in Taxes

georgems02

how many point does removing tax lien add to credit report?

Want my credit Back

Hi, 

do any one know how to get a tax lien off your credit report. I paid the lein in full in August 2014 . However, it's still appearing on my credit credit report as release and paid

i desired it to be removed. Also how many points will your score go up. And how long will it take? 

Jnhlex

I had a state lien, well I have one on my credit report. It is on there as 'released' and I paid it off at least 4 years ago. Well, I did some research and found the IRS form required to request it be removed. I was then contacted by a representative of the IRS. She said she was willing to withdraw it. When I originally filled out the IRS form, I had a space to state my case. And I was honest, that I had paid it off years ago and I was just hoping to have it removed off my credit report so my score would increase. She said she needed me to fax her a copy of the original lien, the document where it was recorded. For me, with it being a state lien, I had to contact the court house in the county where it was filed. I had to send a written request asking for it along with $3.00 (50 cents a page and $1.00 for postage) I got that and a copy of the release (just in case). I have faxed that to her, at the IRS. Now I am waiting on her to send a letter of 'withdrawal', which I provide to the credit bureaus and it will be taken off. They don't make the process easy however the IRS and the court house were all very helpful and made that part easy. It's just me requesting, making a few phone calls, doing the leg work. Now, I don't know if they were willing to do it for me because I paid it off years ago, or because I just got a nice lady at the IRS. I do believe I read somewhere that a lien does stay on your credit report for some years even after it's been released, but exactly how many years, that I don't know.

Biggest Dings to your credit.

Its hard to say, but any government lien on your will report is a big deal. I have heard that a lein will knock 50 to 200 points off your CS, depending on the size of the lein.  If you can pay it off do so, that will help significantly. If you have worked out a payment plan stick to it and get if paid off.

Some creditors will not even consider a new line of credit if you have any kind of lein on your report.

Good Luck!

79 point increase!!

My Equifax Fico score went up 79 points (to 833) when federal tax lien was removed today

Federal tax lein removed

I had a federal tax lein in the amount of $78,000 removed from my credit . I can only assume it is because it has been 10 years and met the statute of limitations. My question is why did my score drop 40 points? Shouldn't the removal of a lein make your score increase ? I have 2 open accounts in good standing with 100 % payment history and 2 more tax Leins. But the largest of 78 grand was removed . I don't understand why my score went down ? Help! Thanks

SR2464

Was that your oldest history account or one of them?

I know this is an old post but I find myself in the same situation. What credit agencies should I send my tax form 668 z to? 

Paid Tax Lien

All of you have added information but no one has answered the question.  How many points can my credit score increase if a paid tax lien is removed?

removal of released tax lien

I had a paid and released  CA tax lien removed from Experian report...it was released in 2012. It raised my FICO 85 points. I disputed with Trans and Equi and they declined to remove, but I am still working on that.

Needing help.

i need to know about a tax lien that is on my credit report. What are all the different ways i would have this problem, how can i figure out exactly why I have one and is there anyway or reason to dispute it if it was paid off without my acknowledgement of having it untill it was paid off? I was told by UNTRUSTWORTHY #1 it was because i filed in new state i moved to. #1 had the lien set up in payments automatically being withdrawn from my account because it wasn't her money she was throwing away and telling me the payments i kept seeing was paying on medical. Banks say it will stay on reports for 7 years.. Is it worth or possible to remove?

Sumomi

https://www.balancepro.net/education/publications/irstaxlien.html

Credit score dropped

I'm curious, I show no recent hard inquiries, no changes in credit limit, payments are 100% but I did get a tax lien that wasn't suppose to be there removed and my score dropped 38 points. Like were they trying to punish me for removing it?

Tax lien

Hi did anyone get a tax lien remove from your credit report. Please let me know how many points did it go up. I just pay off mind two weeks ago
Thanks in advance

BACKAGAIN19

Enter Your Reply Depending on the state, it could take 30 - 45 days after the lien(s) are paid off. This is the time it takes for the state reporting to the credit bureau and it being relected on your credit score. That was what the state agent told me. I paid mine off in NY State and I am now waiting for it to be reflected on my credit scores as well. Hope this helps!