Question

Posted in Taxes

birons247

How long after I file before IRS accepts return?
I filed last year using CK, now again this year, and it seems like the IRS takes a little longer to "accept" return when using CK, as compared to previous years. Has anyone filed this year using CK and had the IRS accept their return yet?

Page 2 of 4   Previous | Next

I filed on February 4th. I received my federal return today. My state return has not been accepted. This happened last year too, so I'm not panicing...yet!

macybean

Update: My state return was accepted today. So Federal took 8 days from filing to refund, and state took 9 days to be accepted.

last time

no more credit karma taxes---remember this for next year.....burnt once is the right number... selling a great product? should be proud!!!

IRS accepting return

They have not accepted my return that was filed with Credit Karma 1/27/2018.  I have been wondering the same thing.  I am wondering if it really went through since I heard IRS wasn't accepting until 1/28/2018.

Christine

cynise916

Enter Your I submitted my taxes through turbo tax on the 29th. IRS still telling me that I have to wait 24hr after acceptance to track my refund. I am wondering if they ever received it. Ugh!

Was your return filed or accepted on the 4th. Mine was accepted on the 15th I'm hoping my tomorrow they will be in. Did  you track them by chance how accurate was the tracking bar that updated your return? And also were you aware you were going to receive them on today's date? Or did you just notice they went in ? 

Why hasn't mine been accepted?

I filed my taxes on Jan. 19th, and it is now Feb. 1 and they still have not accepted my return. WHAT IS THE HOLD UP?

I filed with CK last year and found it took longer with CK than in the past with Turbo Tax, but it worked out fine in the end (with total time to get my refund about the same). I have not filed yet, but this is from irs.gov:

The IRS will begin accepting tax returns on Jan. 29, with nearly 155 million individual tax returns expected to be filed in 2018. The nation’s tax deadline will be April 17 this year – so taxpayers will have two additional days to file beyond April 15. 

Many software companies and tax professionals will be accepting tax returns before Jan. 29 and then will submit the returns when IRS systems open. Although the IRS will begin accepting both electronic and paper tax returns Jan. 29, paper returns will begin processing later in mid-February as system updates continue.

Tax season doesn't open until January 29th so nothing will be accepted before then.

tylermiles99

interesting.... and thank you altho, i have several friends that have filed via turbo tax and they have received their acceptance emails already.

cnewberry211

My tax returb has not been accepted by the IRS yet either and I submitted mine 1/23/18.  Several of my friends that used different software have also had their returns accepted already within 24 hours of submitting. There is obviously something wrong with Credit Karma software as it is now 1-29-18 and IRS still has no record of my tax return.  This will be the first and last time I use Credit Karma.  

No information

I showed my return was sent on the 18th (Jan), I called the IRS on 2/1, and the rep told me they have nothing in the system, she did 2 different checks. I don't know, when I chat with a rep I get a hard time to get the issue resolved. It has been another whole day, and no solutions. I don't know if my file got caught up in a glitch, or what. As of right now no one who can fully help with this issue reached out.. 

IRS

I USED CREDIT KARMA FEBRUARY 4 AND WAS ACCEPTED BY THE IRS ON THE 5TH OF FEBRUARY NOW MY STATUS IS PROCESSING

tomboy222564

STATE TAXES---MORON

Question about return timeline

I filed through CK on the 25th of January, I know they don't start processing returns until January 28th, but I got an email from CK on the 28th that my return had been accepted by the federal government. When I check the IRS website I still see that my return was just received, but I am not seeing that it has been accepted. So what's the deal? Who's telling me the truth? I like to think it's just taking awhile for the government to get their system running right, but can anyone enlighten me?

Page 2 of 4   Previous | Next