Question

Posted in Taxes

birons247

How long after I file before IRS accepts return?
I filed last year using CK, now again this year, and it seems like the IRS takes a little longer to "accept" return when using CK, as compared to previous years. Has anyone filed this year using CK and had the IRS accept their return yet?

I filed with CK last year and found it took longer with CK than in the past with Turbo Tax, but it worked out fine in the end (with total time to get my refund about the same). I have not filed yet, but this is from irs.gov:

The IRS will begin accepting tax returns on Jan. 29, with nearly 155 million individual tax returns expected to be filed in 2018. The nation’s tax deadline will be April 17 this year – so taxpayers will have two additional days to file beyond April 15. 

Many software companies and tax professionals will be accepting tax returns before Jan. 29 and then will submit the returns when IRS systems open. Although the IRS will begin accepting both electronic and paper tax returns Jan. 29, paper returns will begin processing later in mid-February as system updates continue.

Haven’t been accepted by the IRS filed 2/7/19

IRS

I USED CREDIT KARMA FEBRUARY 4 AND WAS ACCEPTED BY THE IRS ON THE 5TH OF FEBRUARY NOW MY STATUS IS PROCESSING

tomboy222564

STATE TAXES---MORON

Credit karma is horrible I'll NEVER use them again after this year total waste of my time

Question about return timeline

I filed through CK on the 25th of January, I know they don't start processing returns until January 28th, but I got an email from CK on the 28th that my return had been accepted by the federal government. When I check the IRS website I still see that my return was just received, but I am not seeing that it has been accepted. So what's the deal? Who's telling me the truth? I like to think it's just taking awhile for the government to get their system running right, but can anyone enlighten me?

24 - 48 hours accept?

Hi guys, how about now? Are your returns accepted by irs? I just filed mine, will I hear back in 24 - 48 hours?

Thanks!

whitekanye

Used CK to file around 1pm yesterday, still waiting to get my returns accepted. TurboTax was definitely quicker last year.

whitekanye

edit to my earlier comment, tax return was accepted today (:

No Acceptance even after 8 days ?

I've submitted my Tax return using Credit Karma  on 2/2 and even after 8 days (2/10) ... I've not seen any acceptance. No records with IRS .

Anybody any idea ? Or can CK team here here ? It's frustrating ...

hey dum dum

we are talking about state returns being held up---not about the feds

beats878

Who the eff you keep calling a "dum dum" and a "Moron?" I just came to this forum, and maybe you should read the first question that started this, Mr. or Mrs. Tomboy. The question was about Federal. NOT STATE. And reading all the other comments, doesn't show any question or was there any reference about state either. So maybe before you start being a cyberbully. Why don't think about what an idiot you would look like before you start typing your little fingers away. 

coolsharky

LMAO I was thinking the same thing as beats878. The only moron/dum dum here is tomboy. Learn how to read.