Question

Posted in Taxes

birons247

How long after I file before IRS accepts return?
I filed last year using CK, now again this year, and it seems like the IRS takes a little longer to "accept" return when using CK, as compared to previous years. Has anyone filed this year using CK and had the IRS accept their return yet?

I filed my return on 02/06/2018 at 9:58am est. As of 02/09/2018 6:14pm est my returns have not been accepted. I contacted IRS (earlier today), and after waiting several hours to speak with a live agent, I was told the only information in the system was my return being rejected back in January when I used turbo tax (which I already knew about). I decided to mail in my returns this year, but I"m still checking to see if my return will actually be sent to the IRS through credit karma. I will not use their tax services again, not worth the headache. I also hate there is no phone number to call in order to speak with someone about the issue.

Still Waiting!

I filed with Credit Karma on Jan 22 and they were received on Jan 29 at 3 PM. As of Feb 7 they have yet to approve my refund. I don't know why it takes so fking long to process my return. This is the digital age, why isn't everything instant? It should not take weeks like it used to when everything was done via snail mail. I think this is just another stall tactic by the law makers who accept bribes to help the companies that offer refund advances.

Refunds

General Speaking .... The IRS did NOT start accepting returns until January 29, 2018. If you submitted your return before then, you wouldn't get an email of acceptance. When you submit a tax return through any "Software" program electronically. It could take 24-48 hours for the IRS to accept the return. If you submit a return on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, don't expect an acceptance email until the following week. If you are lucky you might possibly get one on Monday, but most likely you will receive it Tuesday/Wednesday. Once you get your official "acceptance" from the IRS, they will not have any information on file for you for 21 DAYS!! Until your return is completely processed and finalized, which in fact, takes 3 weeks/21 days from the day the IRS accepts your electronically filed return. So if you call, you will not get a refund date. Best bet, check the website. Or the mobile app. It has the most up-to-date info. If you don't see a refund date online then neither will the person you are calling. Might save you 2 hours of waiting on hold, getting no where and most importantly, less frustration for you!

last time

no more credit karma taxes---remember this for next year.....burnt once is the right number... selling a great product? should be proud!!!

IRS accepting return

They have not accepted my return that was filed with Credit Karma 1/27/2018.  I have been wondering the same thing.  I am wondering if it really went through since I heard IRS wasn't accepting until 1/28/2018.

Christine

cynise916

Enter Your I submitted my taxes through turbo tax on the 29th. IRS still telling me that I have to wait 24hr after acceptance to track my refund. I am wondering if they ever received it. Ugh!

Was your return filed or accepted on the 4th. Mine was accepted on the 15th I'm hoping my tomorrow they will be in. Did  you track them by chance how accurate was the tracking bar that updated your return? And also were you aware you were going to receive them on today's date? Or did you just notice they went in ? 

I filed on February 4th. I received my federal return today. My state return has not been accepted. This happened last year too, so I'm not panicing...yet!

macybean

Update: My state return was accepted today. So Federal took 8 days from filing to refund, and state took 9 days to be accepted.

Why hasn't mine been accepted?

I filed my taxes on Jan. 19th, and it is now Feb. 1 and they still have not accepted my return. WHAT IS THE HOLD UP?

Tax season doesn't open until January 29th so nothing will be accepted before then.

tylermiles99

interesting.... and thank you altho, i have several friends that have filed via turbo tax and they have received their acceptance emails already.

cnewberry211

My tax returb has not been accepted by the IRS yet either and I submitted mine 1/23/18.  Several of my friends that used different software have also had their returns accepted already within 24 hours of submitting. There is obviously something wrong with Credit Karma software as it is now 1-29-18 and IRS still has no record of my tax return.  This will be the first and last time I use Credit Karma.  

No information

I showed my return was sent on the 18th (Jan), I called the IRS on 2/1, and the rep told me they have nothing in the system, she did 2 different checks. I don't know, when I chat with a rep I get a hard time to get the issue resolved. It has been another whole day, and no solutions. I don't know if my file got caught up in a glitch, or what. As of right now no one who can fully help with this issue reached out.. 

I filed with CK last year and found it took longer with CK than in the past with Turbo Tax, but it worked out fine in the end (with total time to get my refund about the same). I have not filed yet, but this is from irs.gov:

The IRS will begin accepting tax returns on Jan. 29, with nearly 155 million individual tax returns expected to be filed in 2018. The nation’s tax deadline will be April 17 this year – so taxpayers will have two additional days to file beyond April 15. 

Many software companies and tax professionals will be accepting tax returns before Jan. 29 and then will submit the returns when IRS systems open. Although the IRS will begin accepting both electronic and paper tax returns Jan. 29, paper returns will begin processing later in mid-February as system updates continue.

Haven’t been accepted by the IRS filed 2/7/19

IRS

I USED CREDIT KARMA FEBRUARY 4 AND WAS ACCEPTED BY THE IRS ON THE 5TH OF FEBRUARY NOW MY STATUS IS PROCESSING

tomboy222564

STATE TAXES---MORON

Credit karma is horrible I'll NEVER use them again after this year total waste of my time

Question about return timeline

I filed through CK on the 25th of January, I know they don't start processing returns until January 28th, but I got an email from CK on the 28th that my return had been accepted by the federal government. When I check the IRS website I still see that my return was just received, but I am not seeing that it has been accepted. So what's the deal? Who's telling me the truth? I like to think it's just taking awhile for the government to get their system running right, but can anyone enlighten me?

24 - 48 hours accept?

Hi guys, how about now? Are your returns accepted by irs? I just filed mine, will I hear back in 24 - 48 hours?

Thanks!

whitekanye

Used CK to file around 1pm yesterday, still waiting to get my returns accepted. TurboTax was definitely quicker last year.

whitekanye

edit to my earlier comment, tax return was accepted today (:

No Acceptance even after 8 days ?

I've submitted my Tax return using Credit Karma  on 2/2 and even after 8 days (2/10) ... I've not seen any acceptance. No records with IRS .

Anybody any idea ? Or can CK team here here ? It's frustrating ...

hey dum dum

we are talking about state returns being held up---not about the feds

beats878

Who the eff you keep calling a "dum dum" and a "Moron?" I just came to this forum, and maybe you should read the first question that started this, Mr. or Mrs. Tomboy. The question was about Federal. NOT STATE. And reading all the other comments, doesn't show any question or was there any reference about state either. So maybe before you start being a cyberbully. Why don't think about what an idiot you would look like before you start typing your little fingers away. 

coolsharky

LMAO I was thinking the same thing as beats878. The only moron/dum dum here is tomboy. Learn how to read.