Question

Bonafide1

How is my credit score 523 when I've never bought anything major or owned a credit card before??
I'm 21 years old and I have never bought anything major, taken out any college loans or thought I even had credit @ all... Get on here and come to find out my credit score is a dump-taking 523!!! How it is that crappy and I've only had one bank account and never even used the credit card they gave to me I don't know!!! My question to you is this: How do I build it up when no one wants to approve me for a credit card??