How does a student loan affect an excellent credit history?
Hi all: Currently have been in the working world for the past 10 years, and heading back for grad school, full-time and planning on taking student loans to finance education and living expenses. I currently have excellent credit with TU score of 780 and a FiCO of 750 about a 18% utilization. Most of my debts is strictly revolving credit cards, with one $6K student loan from undergrad. I do not have any mortgage debt. I was curious how this might affect my credit in the short-term.

On another related note, I was considering applying for a rewards card before I take out the loan, since I might look better to lenders rather than when I apply as a student. Also, would I expect my current credit lines to be slashed ? (I'm preparing for the worst, just in case)