How does a hard pull from joining a credit union affect credit score? (Like PenFed)
My last hard inquiry was for a credit card about 9 months ago. It is currently the ONLY hard inquiry on Equifax, but not on any of the other bureaus.

The Credit Union I want to join (PenFed) pulls from all three bureaus.

I want to shop for a house, which is the whole purpose of joining PenFed in the first place.
But I'm concerned that the joining process (tri-pull) PLUS the mortgage application process (another tri-pull) will knock my scores down.

- I'm in the upper 700's
- have no debt to my name (I pay off all my credit cards every month)
- have a near 0-1% debt to credit ratio (I paid off my car loan a while back, which made my original 824 score take a 49pt hit, so all I have now are credit cards and no revolving credit lines)

I'm concerned because I was always told I should never have more than 2 hard inquiries every 2 years. Since my last inquiry was 9 months ago (the first in maybe 3-4 years of no hard inquiries), the PenFed + mortgage would total 3 pulls on Equifax, and two on the other two bureaus.

Yes, I've been told that I "shouldn't worry about it" because most Americans don't even hit these numbers. Okay, I get that.
But I want to get the A+, not just the A. I like avoiding fees, bite me!

Any real assistance would be appreciated.

Additional Notes

Also, I should add that the crux of my question is on the fact that credit inquiries vary:

- Bad inquiries might include unsecured lines of credit like a credit card, or a car loan

- Good inquiries are like those for a mortgage (the purpose of this type of loan is to PAY OFF the loan throughout the life of the loan)

Yet I can find absolutely no information online about hard inquiries from renowned credit unions such as PenFed.  I have also called them myself to ask these questions, and they too do not know.

Ok, the inquires will give you a small hit to your score.  That is just part of life in the credit world.  If you plan on getting your morgage from PenFed then they will know that they are the ones giving you more inq and it will not make much of a difference. 

There really is no such thing as "Bad" or "Good" Inq.  They are all just inq that hit your credit report that will have no effect after a year and will fall off your report in two years.

As far as score goes, once you get up to 760 fico you are at the top.  Your rates are going to be as good as they get.  I'm not saying dont try to get your score higher (as my goal is a perfect 850) but there is nothing more to gain after that. 

This question is for the responder, not necessarily addressed to the topic originator.

This is related to the originator's question. I had Kohl's run a hit on my credit recently (for a credit card). Now TransUnion is sending me mail indicating this event on my file (at the time I was subscribed to TransUnion's monitoring service, but not any longer).

Do I understand correctly (from your response above) that this "hit" will fall off after one year (or is it two years)?

Thank you.