Question

n1n

how do I remove an old lease from my credit report when it has been turned in?

Most Helpful Response

I am not sure there are any "Do overs"  once a loan is closed, it will stay on your report for 7 or more years.  7Years if there are negative remarks on your loan, and 10 or more if there are no negatives.  The lenders want to see any issues with a loan and just because you close a loan does not make the issues get removed. The lenders also want to see if there were no issues, and have deturmined they want to see those for longer and let the perfect loans stay on for 10+ years.

Paying full and complete does help make any negative remarks less impactfull, and shows that the other lender did get paid, but it may have required more work for the companies.  So if you have/had negative remarks and paid the loan in full, then that is a lot better than if the lender had a write off or court action.

There is nothing you can do.  Your credit history, including closed accounts, is an integral part of your credit profile.

File a dispute with Trans Uniion or Equifax. Credit Karma: My overview\Dispute Center. It may take up to 30 days to get removed.

All car loans been paid.

All the auto loans are all paid for & complete. Would you please remove from report to raise my score. Thank you , Michael

KMART101

Hi Michael,

File a dispute with Trans Uniion or Equifax. Go to Credit Karma: My overview\Dispute Center. It may take up to 30 days to get removed.