Question

elle012

how do I raise my score (have no debt)
I had 2 credit cards open.

I missed a payment for $13 on one (longest line of credit I had) and interest racked up and I had a $40 balance. (it was a card I forgot about and was not using for awhile) Finally paid it after 3 months and the credit company closed it.

I currently have no balance on the one card I have left. My score is in the mid 600's How can I improve my score? I'm scared to apply for a new card, won't that show another inquiry? & will I be approved with the late payments/close of

Currently, my inquires are what's killing my score.

I would like to apply for a home loan next year but I want to work on my credit before I can do that.

How many inq do you have?  You may have to go for a secured card but yes you should get another card.  But never, Never, NEVER miss another payment.  At the very least make the min payment.  Check with cap one for a secured card or a local credit union.