Question

NotAuthorized

How do I have incorrect information removed from my credit report?
As of 6 years ago, I am no longer an 'authorized' user but the account still appears on my credit report! Did the person neglect to have my name removed? Do I contact the credit card agency, or the credit bureau?

Because you were an authorized user, this will appear on your credit report but it drops off after 7 years, so you can expect to see it vanish sometime next year (7 years from the date you were no longer an authorized user).

This item should not be a problem for you if the payments on the account were always on time, because that's a positive report, and you want all positive to show for as long as possible. If there is a not-so-good history, just hold on because the report will soon be gone sometime next year.