Question

rayedelsol84

How do I get negative accounts that are paid off deleted from my credit report?
I have 2 accounts on my report that were sent to collections a few years ago. I paid them off, but they still show up on my credit and they are bringing my score down.

Most Helpful Response

Patience recommended.

I had some negatives, also, but time works in your favor.  It takes 7 years for most negatives to disappear from your credit reports.  That's the legal limit under the law.  A bankruptcy will not vanish for 10 years (I had to do that 20 years ago).  Just be patient and keep your current bills paid on time.