Question

Windclimber22

How do I get debt off my record (7+ years) without "reaging" by acknowledging debt?
After 5 years in a new town, I just started getting the collection letters again from some shiesty 3rd party who "bought" my debt and now their ownership of debt is showing up on my reports and dragging my score back down.

Will disputing their claims cause the original debt (At or nearing SOL) to reage and become legitimate again, or am I better off just ignoring and waiting for it to go away?

If you "Snooze", You "Lose"!

Hey! If it has been 7+ years that this collection account has been reported on your credit report; then by "law" it must be removed.... Just do a dispute with the credit bureaus that are reporting the negative account. (Online disputes are faster) Usually 30 days to update your file...... You don't have respond to the creditor, their time is over. Hope this helps! Good luck my friend.