Question

Markk222

How do I get a collections report removed from my account from a hospital bill?
Apparently the bill is about a year old from a hospital visit. It is $527 and I never even knew about it. This is the first time something like this has happened and I've always paid billls on time. The only way I found out about it was through my credit report. It is a legitimate bill however so how should I go about making sure it is removed from my report after it has been paid?

Thanks

Pay to delete.

Since you say that the bill is valid, then I suggest that you ask the collection agency to remove the derogitory remarks when you pay the debt.  Do this in Writting, NEVER ON THE PHONE.  Address letters to  the "Collections Manager" (the only one that can actually negotiate with you, and mail to the collection agency directly.

There is a sample letter here on CK and you can find samples just by searching Google.

good luck

The other thing that you can do is google "hippa collections removal" or something along those lines as I believe there is some type of loophole for removing medical collections. I do not know if it works and I don't really know anything about it, but see the conversation popping up on many credit forums.