Question

CeeJay8

How do I dispute multiple hard hit credit checks that I did not authorize?
When I took my car off lease and financed it, the dealer took it upon themselves to hard hit my credit over 9 times without my authorization. I received only one denial letter and the second was who I ended up financing it through, therefore I was expecting only two hits. I never received any information from these other financial institutions on my credit report. Again, these were NOT authorized.

Did you filled out and signed credit application at dealership? If yes, then "most" likely you did authorized, just didn't aware they would shotgun your app out to many lenders, each lender would then pull your report independently. You are certainty welcome to file dispute with each credit bureaus, but you might not like the outcome. After all, it's the credit bureaus that deemed it was for permissible purpose and granted the lenders request in the first place, so it's bit unlikely they would turn around and say ... "Oops, we screw up" and remove them. I don't even think Experian have an option to dispute inquiries on their site.

-

I don't mean to sound unempatheitc, but the dealerships been operate that way for long long time, they got themselves covered by have you sign the credit app. Unless you have something in writing stated that they would limit the inquiries to a certain number? You pretty much stuck with them for next 24 months, unfortunately.