Question

afcrowson

How do I dispute claims on my credit report that are true?
Can you have claims that are correct removed from your credit report? Also, I have one bill in collections that I never received a bill for? How do I dispute this?

Most Helpful Response

Legally, no.  You can, however, write to the bureaus and ask them to "verify" these accounts.  Don't lie and say they're not yours, just that you want the account(s) verified.  Wait 30-45 days and see if you get any responses and/or if they drop off.  Do the same for the one in collections as well, and include a statement "I didn't receive verification of this collection account from the collector".  Best of luck!