Question

umaxcoisa

How do I build my credit better, I've paid off all of my debt?
I've paid off all of my debt and my credit is currently at 543 and 632. I have no credit cards or anything to build revolving credit and I don't qualify for anything it seems like. I need advice on which CC's are best to build revolving credit or if I should even do that. Should I wait a few months before opening anything or is it best to get it going now since I've paid off all of my debt? My score went up 100 pts since paying everything off and I really really want to build credit. Thank you!

The first step I took was to read the articles here and follow the advice so I learned how credit works and how to build a good score.  Then, I applied for a secured card and used it carefully until I was eligible for an unsecured card.  Then I gradually got more cards, a loan from my credit union and gradually built things ujp.  Took a few years but, thanks to the articles and the financial tools here, it didn't take that long.  Credit Karma's expressed purpose is to TEACH how credit works and they do so quite well.