Question

cdacc0914

How do creditors report paid balances? If I pay in full everytime will it reflect on my credit rprt?
I'm trying to apply for a American express card in 6 months and I heard they don't like people carrying balances. I always pay my balances in full every month for both of my cards but I remember checking my credit report and it said I paid only the minimum or something like that. How do I get my creditors to report that I always pay in full? I also remember speaking to a capital one rep and they told me that they report only the minimum paid even if I paid in full.

Missing information on my transunion rep

I also have a problem with transunion not reporting my payment statuses for like 3 months and my account that isn't being reported confirmed that they have been reporting to the 3 bureaus. Seriously wtf transunion.. should I file a complaint to the ftc?

Most credit card companies report to the credit bureaus once per month and whatever your balance is at that time will be reported. Credit card companies do not report how much you pay each month or how much money that you run through your card. They just report what the balance is on the date that they report. You need to figure out what day of the month that they report your accounts to the credit bureaus and have a zero balance around that time. I think in most cases AMEX will pull from Experian, but it may depend on what part of the country you are in. Sometimes there are delays with credit card companies reporting to the credit bureaus and sometimes there are delays getting your info updated with the credit bureaus, it happens to everyone, so I am not sure if a complaint would do any good or not.