Question

cuddlebugz1980

how can I rise my credit score with little to no income?
I only receive ssa benefits (social security death benefits) a month, but I need help to rise my credit score. How can I do that with very limited income.

Go to capitalone.com I suggest you apply for the Quicksilver One Mastercard it has 1.5% cash back and i've heard of people with scores in the 590's and a bankruptcy getting approved though every case is different...it does come with a $39 annual fee but as long as you spend $2600 per year on the card the cashback will pay for the annual fee....use it for everything gas,grocceries, car insurance, phone bill, cable....anything over the yearly $2600 is free money and while I realize you only get a once a month check its guarenteed money and you will want to spread it out to pay the card off after you pay a $50 bill or higher ....since you are using card for everything you will want to pay the card off frequently.... ie: you purchase gas go home and the card that evening.....you finish groccery shopping charge it to the card then PAY IT IN FULL that evening....the reason being you will probably get a low limit $250-$500 but the amount is just a number and you need to show financial responsibility....which includes NOT going over your limit even a penny can have severe consequences which is why I suggested you pay the card off after every $50 purchase its perfectly acceptable to do that with no penalities inclinded the reason behind paying it off so frequently with a limit is because you want to keep the utilization below 20% ie you have a $250 limit keep it below $50.....$500 keep it below $100 for when the company reports to the beaurea that is when it reflects on the credit score and paying the card off frequently before the bill comes in is a good way to keep utilization low which along with on time payments is the KEY to a GREAT credit score not the amount of credit you have....so pay the card off frequently and then again the final payment when the company sends the statement so you don't pay interest VERY important don't want to charge more then you can afford to payoff otherwise the card works against you versus giving you free money and a healthy credit life....I tried to pack in all the info I could to help you..... 1) pay card off after every purchase....especially large ones like groccey and utility bills   2) Don't go over the limit...you can make an online account and keep track of expenditures that way   3)Pay bill in full for amount left over when it comes in and within 6 months I guarentee your score will go up atleast 30 points and you will have some extra cash