Question

NoneAvail30

How can I remove write offs from my credit report?
I've attempted to contact creditors to see about removing write offs from my credit in an attempt to improve my score, to no avail. Any ideas?

Live with it. It is a part of your credit history. Don't let it happen again.

NoneAvail30

I've been living with it for several years and would actually like to be able to co-apply for a vehicle loan or home loan with my husband. As is, I can't even do that. No need to be rude. 

Whatthefreak

The regulations conflict about how long a write can be on your report. I found some credit advice for Experian from one of their own credit advisors of 30 years. The person said it was 7 years from the time the write was reported that it would fall off your record. I contacted Experian and told them the advice given by their own person. The write off was removed. Not so with Equifax and Transuniom. They use whatever report date they want then ruin your credit. Transunion still has it on my record and it won't be until 2016 that is falls off the credit report. Equifax chose another date so the write off won't fall off my record with them until 2017.