How can I remove collections remark in my credit report
In January 2011, I left Atlanta. And after 2 months I got a call from one collection bureau, and they said I haven't given proper notice. So, i need to pay one more month rent. I was not there. And fighting with apartment guys is not that much easy.(because flight charges are going to be more than the rent). So, I paid off that amount to the credit bureau. They sent me receipt as no balance to the apartment.
And now, in August 2014 when I checked report I saw a collection remark. I spoke with those collection guys, they are saying they can't do anything. They need to be notify from apartment or I need to pay. And now apartment management changed. they are not answering my phones. I called to old collection bureau, they are saying they were paid to the apartment after received from me. there is no balance to pay. They are ready to give same old receipt to me.

Please suggest me what I can do in this situation. Thanks in advance