Question

trynadoright

How can a creditor increase your credit limit without your knowlege and report it? lowering my score
A creditor recently increased my credit limit by $400, I did not request this nor did I authorize it. The creditor then reported it to 2 CRA's which resulted in my score dropping 12 points! How can this be fixed?

An increase in your credit limit on a credit card does not decrease one's credit score because it gives you more available credit, and that is a good thing.  If you charged more, then your usage would increase and your score would drop.  That is well explained in the very informative articles provided by this site.