Question

rafalo

how accurate is credit karma
credit karma tells me im in the low 600s but different sites like quizzle tells me my score is in the 700s whats the deal i also hear that ck is not that accurate.

/

They are off

My score at Credit Karma said 731.   So,  I go in to buy a car and find out it's 618.  WTF?    Get your sheeit together CK and figure out how there can be such a huge diff in scores?     I wouldn't rely on CK at all.   NO way.  Embarrased me at the dealership as I kept getting turned down by lender after lender.    

southerncrossing

They have incorrect information in mine and actually encouraged me to file bakruptcy

hussinb

The scores they show are considered "educational" and are not the real FICO scores that lenders use.  In order to get your real credit score, you need to go to www.myfico.com and pay for them.  Every time you want to see your real score, you have to pay for them again.  The same thing goes for the credit card companies that give you "free" credit scores.  They are also "educational" and are not the real scores either.

blaksnake

These scores are not true. CK is BS.

equaltemp

It states clearly on Credit Karma's website that the scoring model they use may differ from those used by the 3 major credit reporting agencies, among others. So it should be of no surprise when you see vast differences in your scores. It's important to read the "terms and agreement" sections. 

oldjw

Enter Your ReplyI personally Think this Site IS BS , I think they get paid by credit card co's when you apply for Credit I tried to refi my house  , on the Basses of their score I was Flat REFUSED..  a Worthless site.. Total BS, Crap , You contact them credit Karma all you get is the run around..    They listed mine at 742 & 744 ,  the credit co,  Said I had "NO SCORE" as I do not have any loans .. 

Its Crap,, BS .. NON-Funtioning, It Blows, Sucks Swamp water, Waste of time ..  Top Ten BS sites on the net.. HOT AIR

Most Helpful Response

Extremely wrong

My true FICO scores were 100 points LOWER than what Credit Karma said they were, This should NOT be used to even remotely monitor your credit score like the commercial says! The information on my credit karma does NOT match my true reports either...and I even waited until CK updated and then pulled my reports the same day. NOWHERE close. Very unhappy with Credit Karma and will discontinue use IMMEDIATELY as well as all friends and family. 

icuhowie

Are you really that clueless liek the 20 other folks that thought that this was a helpful post?

THEY ARE DIFFERENT CREDIT SCORE MODELS THATS WHY THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!!!!

DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST!

sheshell

My score was also 100 pts high! That was quite the sucky surprise. The problem I have it is so inconsistent. I looked at Equafax, each time I check in with Credit Karma, it requests an update YET still 100 off. That makes no sense.

equaltemp

No offense, but it seems you failed to read Credit Karma's "terms and agreement" section. If you had, you would've known that Credit Karma uses a different scoring model than Transunion, or any of the other major credit reporting agencies. Even a simple inquiry to Credit Karma would've provided you with this information.

I uinderstand people make mistakes, but frankly I'm astounded by the number of people who are unjustifiably blaming Credit Karma for something that is clearly their own fault. READ THE FINE PRINT! It's there for a reason.

raulhrivas

icuhowie, perhaps there are different credit score models and that's perfectly valid but, at the time of applying for a loan, the FICO they get for the major sources is quite standard so your argument doesn't seem to be valid at the end

oldjw

Yup The site is Crap, Total BS , Worthless,  I think its run by idiots ...  Top ten Worthless site , they listed my credit as 722 & 744 , I got my Refi for my home loan Fast tracted to the trash  THANKS Stupid A-holes Keep smokin that dope ..

Advisable scores

I've read a lot of comments saying CreditKarma is in general lower than your actual FICO score.  If this is the case, then I'd venture to suggest that this is simply a FREE tool you can use with gratitude to monitor your scores, balances, and take possible action.  Therefore, as I'm in the process of working on my scores and balances, I'm grateful for the opportunity to watch and see what happens on a weekly basis. 

apostolic107

You people are Stupid..If it can be up to a 100 points off either way I would say this isn't a helpful tool..

Credit Karma is not accurate

I pulled my FICO and Credit Karma scores at the same time.

My FICO score is in the 800s. Credit Karma was listing 620 for me. It's inaccurate by over 150 points.

I was shocked, since I've never missed a single payment. I would not trust the Credit Karma score.

scores

I had the same issue. I showed as a 598 on here but my score from the actual agencies were over 660. I believe they use debts linked with your previous address to generate your score, even if it was a roommate that has that debt.

CK runs low in my experience

In my own experience CK has been 20-45 points lower than FICO. Of course it's just an estimate tool, but if it's going to be off I'd rather be surprised that my true score is actually higher than I thought it was than lower. 

Not perfect but helpful.

My CK score says I have 671.  I purchased all three scored at myfico and I really had 655 656 and experian claims 715?? they are vary and it is all quite hard to figure out this numbers game...but hey at least we are all trying to figure it out!  I think CK helps one to learn what generally affects your score and how.

NONSENSE

CK is none sense obviously they make scores lower to make you purchase thier credit rebuilding material. My credit union pulled my credit 720. CK says 670. Not even close

CK Transrisk score

As part of my preparation for buying a house, I bought all three of my credit scores directly from TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. The CK TransRisk score is not the same as any of them, and is far lower than any of them.

I realize the TranskRisk score is based on data pulled from TransUnion's database, but it is not the same as TransUnion's -- or any of the others. Thankfully, TransRisk is also not used by lenders. I say thankfully because it is for me far worse than my credit really is. I have mid- to high 700s in the "real" scores, and mid 600s from CK Transrisk. The difference would be enough to cost me a lot of money, if the TransRisk score was anything but a toy.

I know this is just one man's experience, but my experience has been that TransRisk is not accurate, either numerically or directionally, and not used by the lending industry. In short, I put no faith in it.

southerncrossing

They have incorrect information on mine many accounts closed and they show open

makeit happen

To all who use Credit Karma. i would reconmend only to use as a advice tool since the only real way to get credit scores is through the three credit score agencies. We were looking to buy a house so i called a mortgage company to see what we would need to do to fix our credit and be able to get into a home since our scores on credit Karma showed our scores in the high 500s and to our surprize our scores are actually in the middle 600s and we are able to purchase a home with out having to fix our credit.