Question

rafalo

how accurate is credit karma
credit karma tells me im in the low 600s but different sites like quizzle tells me my score is in the 700s whats the deal i also hear that ck is not that accurate.

/

CK runs low in my experience

In my own experience CK has been 20-45 points lower than FICO. Of course it's just an estimate tool, but if it's going to be off I'd rather be surprised that my true score is actually higher than I thought it was than lower. 

Most Helpful Response

makeit happen

To all who use Credit Karma. i would reconmend only to use as a advice tool since the only real way to get credit scores is through the three credit score agencies. We were looking to buy a house so i called a mortgage company to see what we would need to do to fix our credit and be able to get into a home since our scores on credit Karma showed our scores in the high 500s and to our surprize our scores are actually in the middle 600s and we are able to purchase a home with out having to fix our credit.

Not perfect but helpful.

My CK score says I have 671.  I purchased all three scored at myfico and I really had 655 656 and experian claims 715?? they are vary and it is all quite hard to figure out this numbers game...but hey at least we are all trying to figure it out!  I think CK helps one to learn what generally affects your score and how.

CK Transrisk score

As part of my preparation for buying a house, I bought all three of my credit scores directly from TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. The CK TransRisk score is not the same as any of them, and is far lower than any of them.

I realize the TranskRisk score is based on data pulled from TransUnion's database, but it is not the same as TransUnion's -- or any of the others. Thankfully, TransRisk is also not used by lenders. I say thankfully because it is for me far worse than my credit really is. I have mid- to high 700s in the "real" scores, and mid 600s from CK Transrisk. The difference would be enough to cost me a lot of money, if the TransRisk score was anything but a toy.

I know this is just one man's experience, but my experience has been that TransRisk is not accurate, either numerically or directionally, and not used by the lending industry. In short, I put no faith in it.

Good to excellent

Credit karma scores may not be accurate, True!!! 645 credit karma - 680 myfico.com. Credit karma is still a great site๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ thank you credit karma.

NONSENSE

CK is none sense obviously they make scores lower to make you purchase thier credit rebuilding material. My credit union pulled my credit 720. CK says 670. Not even close

This site is not accurate at all.  I pulled my 3 credit reports with the bureaus directly, and the scores are different, and most of the information on my credit reports do not show on credit karma.

My credit was just checked by a lender for a house and to my surprise my score was actually 30 points lower than credit karma said it was :( 

ljfran05

Me too!!!

georgie59

Me to, Ck said my credit score was 668 and my wife's 618, but when the lender pulled our credit to our surprise mine was 636 and the biggest surprise my wife had a 746. By 4 lousy points lost out on a houseI was doing everything ck was telling me , yet I still use it cause it helps to know where u are some where in between like 20 to 40 points difference

JenReed81

Mine too!!! It reported my credit score being almost 38 points different.  According to CK my score has went up 57 points, but now I'm scared to look at my FICO, because I'm afraid it really hasn't ... :(

Not so sure about the Credit score

I Just closed on my house Credit Karma says I ahve a 620 but my Mortgage agent told me my score was a 670 big difference. Its nice to kinda moniter credit but as far as accurate score I dont think so

They are close , but if you want your real credit score, the only place to get it is through my fico. There could be a major difference in scores. Credit karma is great to monitor your credit and you generally no where you stand, but my scores are much higher on my fico then on here and my fico is the one most major banks use to extend credit.