Question

tryinghard70

help to improve score
I have paid off all my bills brought everything current two years ago I am still paying current however my credit score has not improve at all. I am being told its because I have some late payment from four years ago.

Help to improve my score

Ive paid off all my old bills brought all bills current for two years my credit score is still poor i would like to purchase my home.

There are numerous articles on this site and across the internet on ways to build your credit. To give you a short version, make sure you currently have a couple of credit cards that report to the credit bureaus and make sure you use them correctly for credit building. An installment loan helps as well. What I am getting at here, is make sure you currently have active positive tradelines that are showing on your reports. Do your best to clean up any negative information on your reports. If you have late payments showing you could write the creditor a goodwill letter asking for removal of the lates.